HDF5 Software Controls
(Work in progress draft)
A descriptions knobs and turns such as environment variables and settings
that controls the functionality of HDF5 libraries and tools. This is
intended for HDF5 libraries and tools developers. HDF5 application users
may consult the document A guide to
debugging HDF5 API calls.
Library Building Controls
- Used by configure. Override the default C compiler.
- Used by configure. Add more libraries to be used.
- Number of MPI-processes to invoke for testing. Default to 2.
- Used by most test programs. When set, temporary files
created during tests are NOT removed. Default is to remove them
by the end of each test. Note that the variable value does not
matter. E.g., the values of "yes", "no" and "" all have the
same effect, that is, NO cleanup.
- Used by the MPIO file driver for debugging. Need to have
H5FDmpio_DEBUG macro defined during compiling. Should be set to a
string to turn on various tracing. Valid values (cases matter)
- Trace all routine
- Trace read routines
- Trace write routines
- Show result of MPI_Get_count
- Used by the MPIO file driver to control the use of the optimized
mpi input/output routine. 0 turns it off, 1 turns it on
(uses optimized code if it can).
- Compile macro. Compile in the MPIO file driver related
debugging statements. Defined if macro H5F_DEBUG is
- Compile in debugging used by the MPIO file driver. Need to have
FDmpio_DEBUG macro defined during compiling. Should be set to a
string to turn on the tracing. See environment variable
H5FD_mpio_Debug for valid values.
THG Help Desk:
Last modified: December 11, 2000
Last modified: March 28, 2007 (Help Desk contact only)