OPeNDAP HDF5 ServerYou can download the software from the Hyrax Data Server page at the OPeNDAP website.
HDF5-Friendly OPeNDAP Client Library (Prototype / Last Updated 2008)
- liboc-dap-0.0.2: This is the library source package. It includes the source code of dap2h5 and ocdump (see below for details).
Quick Installation Guide:
- You need to have the DAP library version 3.8.2 and HDF5 library version 1.6.7 or higher.
- Type `./configure --with-hdf5=/hdf5_install_prefix/' at the system prompt. On some systems you may have to type `sh configure.' If you installed libdap++ in a directory that's not on your PATH, make sure to add /libdap_prefix/bin to PATH.
- Type `make' to build the library and test applications.
- Type 'make install' to install the library. The library is installed under /usr/local/lib by default; to change the installation location, use the --prefix option to specify a directory different than /usr/local (e.g., to use /opt/opendap run configure as ./configure --prefix=/opt/opendap). The library's header files are installed under $prefix/include/liboc-dap. The test applications will be installed under $prefix/bin/.
- gradsoc: This contains the modified GrADS source codes that are built with the prototyped HDF5-friendly OPeNDAP client library.
To build the modified GrADS, replace the src/ directory of the GrADS-1.9b4 distribution with this.
Once you unpack the tar file, please read README file under 0.GRADSOC directory.
Quick Demo Guide:
To test visualization of MLS swath data, please run a script called "m4.gs" in 0.GRADSOC directory in the unpacked package. Here's a sample session:
%./gradsoc Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA) Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES) GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY See file COPYRIGHT for more information Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf dods lats printim Issue 'q config' command for more information. Landscape mode? (no for portrait): GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5 ga-> exec 0.GRADSOC/m4.gs # Execute the test GrADS script
HDF5-Friendly OPeNDAP Client Library Tools (Prototype)These tools are demo applications of the HDF5-Friendly Client Library.
In order to build these tools, you must remove the comment on line 105 of OCConnect.cc because we commented out the attribute reading part of the library for GrADS demo. We found that the prototyped HDF5-Friendly OPeNDAP client library doesn't work with some of NASA AURA MLS HDF-EOS5 files when it processes their attributes.
These tools are stand-alone static Linux (i386) binaries. These tools work with the remote HDF5 files served by the default HDF5 handler only. That is, The OPeNDAP HDF5 server is not configured with --enable-cf configuration option.
Do remember that these tools are prototyped tools. They are not tested extensively and are used only for the demo purpose. If having any further questions or suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Usage: ocdump URL
- Description: It prints out the names of attributes, variables and dimensions in a remote HDF5 file specified in URL of the HDF5 file served via OPeNDAP.
- Usage: dap2h5 URL filename
- Description: It rebuilds a filename HDF5 file from the remote HDF5 file specified in URL served via OPeNDAP. It can reconstruct the original group structure and the datasets but it doesn't reconstruct the attributes.