- Release of HDF 4.2.5
- Release of H4 to H5 2.1.1
- Release of HDF5 1.8.4 Patch 1
- Dropping Support for VS 2005 and Intel 9.1
Release of HDF 4.2.5
We are pleased to announce the release of HDF 4.2.5. It can be obtained from the HDF Downloads page:
New features and changes in HDF 4.2.5 include:
- SDgetchunkinfo now contains compression type and compression information. If a failure occurs while getting compression information, the associated compression parameters will be set to -1 to indicate that no compression information was retrieved (rather than simply failing).
- A vgroup name and class name can now be more than the previous limit of 64 characters. Two public functions (Vgetnamelen, Vgetclassnamelen) have been provided for applications to allocate sufficient space for these items.
- SDreset_maxopenfiles was added to allow users to reset the number of files that can be open at the same time to the system limit minus 3.
- "make installcheck" was added to build and test examples using h4cc and h4fc.
- The -k flag was added to "hdp dumpsds" to display SDSs in the order they are specified on the command line.
- The -V option to print the library version string was added to many tools.
- Support was added for 64-bit Mac Intel.
- Many bugs were fixed.
Please see the HDF 4.2.5 release notes for complete details on what has changed in this release:
Release of H4 to H5 2.1.1
A new version of the H4 to H5 conversion software, version 2.1.1, is now available. This version was built with HDF 4.2.5 and HDF5 1.8.4-patch1.
The H4 to H5 web page is located here:
The H4 to H5 software can be obtained from the HDF Downloads page:
Release of HDF5 1.8.4 Patch 1
HDF5 1.8.4 Patch 1 was released recently to correct a corruption problem that was present in releases HDF5 1.8.0 through HDF5 1.8.4. If you missed that announcement, please be sure to see the bulletin that describes the problem:
There was no new documentation for this patch release.
The HDF5 home page is located here:
HDF5 1.8.4 Patch 1 can be obtained from the HDF Downloads page:
The HDF5 1.8.4 Patch 1 release notes can be seen here:
Dropping Support for VS 2005 and Intel 9.1
We plan to drop support for VS 2005 and Intel 9.1 on Windows for future releases. Please contact the HDF Helpdesk if you have any concerns about this.
- - Last modified: 14 October 2016