Release of HDF Java Products 2.6.1
We are pleased to announce the release of HDF Java Products 2.6.1, built and tested using JDK 1.6.x with HDF 4.2.5 and HDF5-1.8.4 Patch 1 (with the HDF5 1.6 compatibility flag).
The HDF Java Products web page is located here:
This release can be obtained from the HDF Java Products web page, as well as the HDF Downloads page at:
HDF Java Products 2.6.1 includes bug fixes, new features, a test suite, and improved documentation.
For more information about this release, see:
This release was built and tested for the following platforms:
32-bit distribution -- runs on 32-bit systems or 64-bit systems with 32-bit JRE
Linux Mac Intel Solaris Windows
64-bit distribution -- runs on 64-bit systems with 64-bit JRE
Linux x86_64 Linux ia64 Mac Intel Solaris 64-bit
- Memory leak fixed in the HDF-Java native.
- Added H5.getOpenIDCount() and H5.getOpenID() to track any open IDs. These functions can be very useful for checking memory leaks for applications.
- Added features to show data pointed to by object references and region references.
- Added find/search dataset from HDFView.
- Added user option to open a file directly with read-only mode.
- It now shows unsigned 64-bit integer.
- It supports netcdf3 files for the NETCDF module (ncsa.hdf.object.nc2.NC2File).
Major Bug Fixes
- HDFView: Incorrectly displays data-type: character array
- HDFView: if change palette then flip image, original colorscale is used
- Local version of HDFView doc has broken links etc.
- HDView: indices changed between 2.3 and 2.4. Why?
- HDFView does not show preceding spaces for attribute values that begin with spaces
- HDFView uses incorrect image values
- HDFView: "Show Value" is always 0 if show image for 32-bit unsigned array
- HDF4 object package failed on reading data
- Incorrect Size of variable length dataset
- Problem on import/export strings in compound datasets in HDFView
- HDFView doc does not mention can save to PNG, GIF, BMP
- HDFView: rainbow palette selection is different depending on where it is selected
- Remove HDFCDataTypes from web page
- HDFView: can't view contents of group if has same name as file
- HDFView: Get error if open a compound dataset with string and reference
- H5Sselect_hyperslab parameter order in header comment is wrong
- High dim label is wrong
- 16-bit and 32-bit images do not scale properly if set range
- Use better memory allocation in HDF4 JNI to avoid crash on OutOfMemory error on large dataset.
- Show some HDF-EOS attributes stored in HDF4 vdata.
- Fix a problem of displaying information for HDF4 vdata without name.
- Add HDF-Java logging levels to HDF5 JNI and set default level to "SEVERE".
- - Last modified: 14 October 2016